Friday, September 20, 2013

ARCTIC MONKEYS - AM


Arctic Monkeys have never disappointed me - continuously evolving in the best way possible - and their new album 'AM' is no different.

Leave it to Arctic Monkeys to get me out of a musical funk as I longed for a band to get me excited and make me feel like I was seventeen again. This album makes me want to take my neglected leather jacket from my closet, put it on and never take it off ...And then get into my car and drive at night for hours with the album on repeat at an inexplicably loud volume. 

It's sexy, sultry and in-your-face with a hard rock and roll edge. Everything a night out full of regrets should be like. Except deep down inside you know you enjoyed every second of it. Yeah. This album is that good.

Add to that some hints of R&B and The Velvet Underground vibes and you've got yourself a great sounding juxtaposition that works in all of the right ways. 

Strong favorites include: 
Do I Wanna Know?
R U Mine?
Arabella
Knee Socks

Also, the folks over at one of my favorite music sites, We All Want Someone To Shout For, wrote an excellent review of this album. Check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment