Saturday, February 8, 2014

ARCTIC MONKEYS @FOX THEATRE, OAKLAND

September 26. 2013
FINALLY. I have been a long time listener and fan of Arctic Monkeys for over seven years and let me just say that it is about damn time that I was finally able see them live at the Fox Theatre in Oakland. It's been a while since I've been completely mystified over seeing a band perform live and I think that having never seen them before definitely helped with that. They played new songs off their most recent album AM like 'Knee Socks' and 'Arabella' but I also appreciated the fact that they didn't forget about their stellar oldies like 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' and 'Pretty Visitors'. Honestly though, I was so impressed with how tight their performance was. They definitely live up to the hype that surrounds them, they know what they're doing, and they're incredible musicians who are well versed in the art of crowd entertainment. 

The fact that they had me screaming like the girl that I am and basically yelling out the words to each song (you can't call what I was doing, singing) says two things: 1. yes I am a fangirl... but 2. they are just that damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment