Saturday, February 8, 2014

TAME IMPALA @SB BOWL


November 1. 2013
Tame Impala is one of those bands that doesn't need any special light effects or props to make their shows memorable. Their music, energy and message have a strong enough power to leave you in the most wonderful trance. That's when you know you've struck musical gold; when the raw energy of a band can give your entire body chills. And that's exactly what happened. I'm not entirely certain, but once 'It Feels Like We Only Go Backwards' came on, I'm pretty sure that I screamed, had my life flash before my eyes, left my body and went to heaven, and almost cried of happiness. I've been told I'm a bit dramatic when it comes to music. I like to think of it as emotionally invested and really enthusiastic but that's a whole other argument. 

With Kevin clad in his infamous scarf and bare feet and Dom making me wish that I was a badass guitar player, I couldn't have asked for more. They did this really amazing thing where they would improvise with new sounds as they transitioned from song to song, creating a really unique and spectacular performance. It was all a blur because I was having too much fun, but the setlist included: Elephant, Solitude Is Bliss, Apocalypse Dreams, Mind Mischief and even a cover of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'. Talk about a good time.    


No comments:

Post a Comment