Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TAKE ME AS I AM

One of my main goals this year was to photograph with film more often. I think film possesses a certain quality that makes each shot precious and forces you to take a step back, compose your shot, and really think about what you are choosing to photograph. I know that this will teach me a lot about photography and it's going to involve a lot of trial and error, but I'm ready for this journey. 

Below are a few photos from a recent trip to San Francisco and Santa Cruz, taken with a Pentax K-1000 and 35mm film.

Technically, these are probably all wrong in so many ways. But I don't care. 
That's what I love about film that I can't seem to achieve or appreciate with digital: I love the mistakes and flaws. I feel that it only adds to the charm and magic of the photograph.  

No comments:

Post a Comment