Tuesday, January 13, 2015

DIIV

April 20, 2014
The Catalyst, Santa Cruz
I found about DIIV through first discovering Beach Fossils, who is one of my favorite bands. I haven't had the chance to see them yet, but seeing DIIV perform was equally as exciting to me. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to seeing these California 'surf rock' bands, but there's something about them that's really mesmerizing. Definitely a 'New York cool' vibe. And I mean that in the best way possible. The show itself was dark and moody, and Cole seemed to effortlessly float around in his baggy clothing. The highlight for me, was the ten minute long Druun (Pt.II) which quite frankly, I didn't want to end. Also, Sky Ferreira surprised us all and came out to sing a song with them! 

Then this happened: (exclamation marks in full effect!!!!!)

"Can we take one where we're both playing with our hair?"
"Okay. You lok one way, I'll look the other way."

No comments:

Post a Comment